Climate Change and the Gaming Industry
- Campbell, M., 2020. Is Playing Video Games Making Climate Change Worse? | Living. [online] living. Available at: <https://www.euronews.com/living/2020/02/17/is-playing-video-games-making-climate-change-worse> [Accessed 30 June 2020].
- Dellinger, A., 2020. The Unseen Environmental Cost Of Gaming. [online] Mic. Available at: <https://www.mic.com/p/gamings-environmental-impact-is-bigger-than-you-think-21753800?fbclid=IwAR25Ze1rlP7kIiZlSXoCXJ8lXm-wYOp1_O836pPzyPU1a87YFjqyZL6c3uQ> [Accessed 28 June 2020].
- Dobrilova, T., 2020. How Much Is The Gaming Industry Worth In 2020? – Techjury. [online] TechJury. Available at: <https://techjury.net/blog/gaming-industry-worth/#gref> [Accessed 1 July 2020].
- Goodier, R., 2020. The Changing Climate Could Imperil The Internet Itself. Really.. [online] Popular Mechanics. Available at: <https://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/infrastructure/a22454576/climate-change-internet-damage/> [Accessed 1 June 2020].
- Gordon, L., 2020. The Environmental Impact Of A Playstation 4. [online] The Verge. Available at: <https://www.theverge.com/2019/12/5/20985330/ps4-sony-playstation-environmental-impact-carbon-footprint-manufacturing-25-anniversary> [Accessed 30 April 2020].
- Gordon, L., 2020. The Many Ways Video Game Development Impacts The Climate Crisis. [online] The Verge. Available at: <https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/5/21243285/video-games-climate-crisis-impact-xbox-playstation-developers> [Accessed 23 April 2020].
- Jochem, G., 2020. Rising Seas Could Cause Your Next Internet Outage. [online] Wired. Available at: <https://www.wired.com/story/rising-seas-could-cause-your-next-internet-outage/> [Accessed 5 July 2020].
- Vaughan, A., 2020. Cloud Gaming May Be Great For Gamers But Bad For Energy Consumption. [online] New Scientist. Available at: <https://www.newscientist.com/article/2206200-cloud-gaming-may-be-great-for-gamers-but-bad-for-energy-consumption/#ixzz6RB2BcTET> [Accessed 1 July 2020].
- Worth, R. and Worth, R., 2020. The Carbon Footprint Of Gaming Is Pretty Hefty. [online] The Overtake [beta]. Available at: <https://theovertake.com/~earth-week/internet-carbon-footprint/> [Accessed 1 July 2020].
- Wu, J. and Lee, J., 2015. Climate change games as tools for education and engagement. Nature Climate Change, 5(5), pp.413-418. Available at: <https://www.researchgate.net/publication/275581320_Climate_change_games_as_tools_for_education_and_engagement> [Accessed 5 June 2020].